Well hello there.

Welcome to this wonderful blog. On it you will eventually find all sorts of fabulous things that should strike your fancy. Enjoy!

Monday, November 22, 2010

PDFE #11

Date: 11/15/10
Activity: Berry Club Soccer Practice
Site: Richards Gym
Instructor/coach: Seth Mason
# of Students: 16
Grade Level: College

Total # of recorded intervals x 15 seconds: 2160 seconds

Code designated intervals (A, I, M, W) x 15 seconds/total =
A= 59.7%
I= 11.8%
M= 3.5%
W= 25%

These are pretty good percentages, especially since it is a soccer practice. Management is good time, this was them marking off soccer goals and getting things situated. Instruction was just at the beginning and a little throughout their scrimmages and some towards the end. Waiting is 1/4 which seems like a lot, but in 36 minutes for a soccer scrimmage where they rotate players it isn't a crucial amount of time. The activity (playing) takes up almost 60% which seems like a healthy amount of activity. Overall, for this one player that I observed there was a good balance between the four categories. I don't think the coach needs to make any adjustments to the practice. All players had a good amount of warm up and active playing time. The coach also made sure there wasn't a lot of standing around wasting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment